Anne Kansiime is a Ugandan entertainer, comedian and actress. She has been referred to as “Africa’s Queen of Comedy” by prominent African media outlets. Kansiime began her career in 2007, during her undergraduate days at the Makerere University in Uganda, where she performed drama skits for the theatre group “Theatre Factory” at the Uganda National Theatre in Kampala’s Central Business District.
In 2014, she began posting some of her sketch comedy skits on Youtube. She received positive feedback and that prompted her to post more videos. Her big break came when Citizen TV from Kenya offered a slot to produce, star and present a comedy show once a week which later became “Don’t Mess With Kansiime” comedy show. Her videos have received wide coverage and she currently has over a million subscribers on her YouTube channel.
Anne Kansiime, also runs her charity organisation called the “Kansiime Foundaton” where she supports needy and bright children by making sure they are in school and also runs a leisure business in Uganda.
- Honorary recognition by the SIIKETV Rising Star Academy Awards, the “Queen of Comedy” 2018
- Comedy YouTube Sub-Saharan Africa Creator Award 2016
- Outstanding Female Comedian 2016
- Teeniez Funniest Comedian 2016
- African Entertainment Awards USA, Best Comedian’s Award 2015
- Rising Star – Comedian of the Year 2015
- African Oscar Award for favourite comedian 2015
- Nollywood & African People’s Choice Award for favourite comedian 2015
- YouTube silver play button 2015
- AIRTEL Women of Substance Awards 2014
- BEFFTA 2013 (Best Comedian) Winner
- Lagos International Festival 2013 (Best Actress) Winner
- Social Media Awards (Favourite Celebrity) winner
- African Social Awards Malaysia (ASAM) – 2013
Amongst her various acting commitments, include Girl From Mparo (2019), Plan B (2019) and Mizigo Express (2018).
Kansiime has continued performing and touring as a stand-up comedian.
Kansiime’s comedy style tends to focus on aspects of her personal life. “I like talking about things that are going on in life, because that’s always going to be different and original,” she says.
Kansiime is the future!