Segawa Patrick is a sexual and reproductive health and rights advocate and an energetic and proactive and self-motivated public health practitioner with a passion for social entrepreneurship and ICT for health.
- Segawa has over eight years’ experience working with youth and community empowerment projects, health education and promotion (Music, Dance & Drama), research methods, volunteering, customer care service and developing working relationships between the community and local leaders towards addressing prioritized health needs.
- He is the founder and Programme Manager at Public Health Ambassadors Uganda (PHAU) – a youth led organisation addressing issues of sexual and reproductive health through sustainable and innovative interventions among young people in Uganda.
- He is the CEO for Rabbit Factory Ltd – a specialty green business enterprise dedicated to improving the livelihoods of all youth and women through Rabbit Farming in Wakiso district, Uganda. He also works as an Advocacy Officer at Community Integrated Development Initiative (CIDI) with the Advocacy for Better Health Project in Nakasongola, Luwero and Kayunga District funded by PATH and USAID.
- Segawa was part of the Ugandan delegates during the High Level Youth Dialogue on Sustainable Development Goals in August 2014 in Nairobi, Kenya.
- He was nominated for The Future Awards Africa Prize in Advocacy & Activism, 2014.
- He is responsible for planning and preparing project entry in new communities and schools. Acts as the focal person between the school administration, local leaders and the organisation team. Mobilise youth participation in programme activities. Provide oversight on youth activities including debate forums on SRHR, board games and peer education programmes to reach out of school youth. Assist in developing data collection tools, data analysis and report writing. Developing social media platforms for dissemination of information and educating young people on sexual and reproductive health and service.
- He is currently working on the school chalk making business project aimed at supplying quality school chalk products to schools within my community at a relatively cheap price. The school chalk making project also aims at empowering youths with business and entrepreneurship skills.
Segawa Patrick is the future!