Dr. Enow Awah Georges Stevens is the founder & CEO, Organisation for Health in Sustainable Development. He is a Health specialist, Clinical Officer, Sexual and Reproductive Health practitioner in Developing Countries and Communities.
Dr Enow has wide experience in research and advocacy on global health, gender, violence, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent Health. He is a skilled researcher, policy analyst, trainer, organiser, public speaker and advocate.
What else should we know?
- Dr. Enow Awah Georges Stevens is passionate about preventing women and girls from dying while giving birth through advocacy on antenatal consultation.
- He studied Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) at the University of Liverpool and General Medicine at the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Bamenda.
- As a Reproductive Health Director at Weccare Foundation, he is responsible for supervising and empowering young leaders from West Africa to engage in creating innovative solutions to challenges in Africa.
- He is a Women Deliver Young Leader, a Johnson & Johnson Scholar, an Associate Fellow of the Royal Commonwealth Society and a Young African Leaders Initiative Network (YALI) Emerging Leader.
- He was nominated for The Future Africa Awards, prize for Enterprise Support, 2015.
- Through his work, he was nominated as the Health Personality of the Year 2017 at the African Youth Awards.
- He is also the Regional Coordinator for West Africa in the Kectil Youth Leadership Program.
- As an advocate, Enow Awah Georges has won four awards, has led a team of 20 people, and has become a solution provider and medical-social entrepreneur.
- In 2020, Enow Awah Georges Stevens was named to be part of advisory board line-up to fight Neglected tropical diseases. This was launched by the Youth Combating NTDs founder and Zimbabwean entrepreneur Gerald Chirinda whose mission is to build an effective global community of youth who are fighting NTDs, by equipping and strengthening young advocates and leaders with the resources that amplify their voices and influence in innovating and shaping policies that will end NTDs in their communities.
To Enow Awah Georges, “meaningful youth engagement” means enabling young people to have a say in matters that affect their lives.
Dr. Enow Awah Georges Stevens is the future!