Anne Amuzu is a Ghanaian computer scientist and the co-founder of the technology company, Nandimobile Limited – a technology company founded in Ghana in June 2010 by 3 co founders, Anne Amuzu, Edward Amartey – Tagoe and Michael Kwame Dakwa, that focuses on developing technologies for businesses to interact and manage their end-customers more efficiently. The company’s products and services have been rewarded by recognized institutions locally and internationally.
- Nandimobile Limited won the Best business at the LAUNCH conference in the USA in 2011.
- In 2012, Nandimobile Limited won Top up award for the best SMS App in Ghana.
- And in 2013, the company won the World Summit Awards in e-commerce and creativity.
- She was nominated for The Future Awards Awards Prize in Technology in 2014; same year she was listed as one of the 10 female techpreneurs to watch out for.
- Also in 2014, she was selected for Eighth Annual Fortune/U.S. State Department Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership Program.
- Anne was honoured in the 2015 edition of the Newaccra Achievers List, a compilation of unsung young achievers who are making impact and showing future promise in diverse fields.
- The Future Awards Africa (TFAA) unveiled a coveted list of young Ghanaians with outstanding achievements in 2018 and listed Anne. The recognition of Ghana’s New Tribe is part of the country by country awards series which focuses on finding bright spots across the continent and identifying the innovators, entrepreneurs, creatives, and leaders who have built, or extended models of growth and change regardless.
- Anne was part of the #IlooklikeanEngineer campaign on social media. The campaign sought to bring gender disparity and sexism in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) to the fore of discussions.
- Anne once said, “Entrepreneurs in Africa could also take it upon themselves to serve as role models by taking time to talk to young people in school and in other programs so the students can understand what entrepreneurship is and begin to consider it as a career path.”
- Anne’s creations make it easier for people within and outside Ghana to send information literally with a few taps on a phone.
Anne Amuzu is the future!