Peterson Opio is an experienced Senior Executive Manager and Board Director, dedicated to bringing innovative entrepreneurship to the not-for-profit organisations, government, and corporate sector. His passion for advocacy led him to become a White Ribbon Ambassador in 2014, advocating the positive role men can play to prevent abuse against women.
Other inspirational details about Peterson:
- He is a dedicated leader in improving and addressing some of the societal injustices and inequalities in Australian society.
- He was the Chief Executive Officer, Bamanga Bubu Ngadimunku Inc. (Mossman Gorge Aboriginal Community) for three years – Bamanga Bubu Ngadimunku Inc is the incorporated association that represents the cultural, social and economic aspirations of the Mossman Gorge Aboriginal Community under the QLD Associations Incorporation Act 1981. Effectively BBNI seeks to enhance the capacity of the individual community member by managing the housing, social welfare, infrastructure, and the employment & training needs of the Mossman Gorge Aboriginal Community.
- Peterson was the Director of the Board (Treasurer) of the Remote Area Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Care Advisory Association Inc (RAATSICC). The Cape York/Gulf Remote Area Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Care (RAATSICC) Advisory Association is the peak advisory body on children and family matters for Queensland’s Cape and Gulf remote communities. RAATSICC work collaboratively to overcome any barriers to the care and protection of our children. RAATSICC provides support, education and awareness and child counselling services to children and youth and their families experiencing domestic violence in the communities of Lockhart River, Napranum, Kowanyama and Mapoon.
- Peterson received a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Criminology, Politics and International Relations at James Cook University in 2012.
- A Finalist for the 2013 AIM Excellence Awards Cairns Young Manager of the Year.
- He was nominated for 2014 The Future Awards Africa prize for Public Service.
- In 2015, Peterson was offered and accepted the role of Executive Manager of the Ambassadors & Advocates Program at White Ribbon Australia.
- The 34-year-old is a 2016 Outstanding Early Career Alumnus for the College of Arts, Society and Education Award
- He is an AFL Multicultural Diversity Ambassador – a program that acknowledges and celebrates the AFL’s cultural diversity.
- Peterson is currently Relationship Manager at Supplier Diversity & Social Procurement.
Peterson Opio is all the inspiration you need to just do it.