Wait fess, who is Kemi Lala-Akindoju?
Well, she is an award-winning always animated Nigerian actress, born March 8, 1987, and has a degree in Insurance and a Master’s Degree in Media and Communication.
Now, what else do we know?
- Kemi was nominated alongside Nollywood greats in 2010 for The Future Awards Africa prize for Actor of the Year and went home with the award. Unexpectedly, but deserved; her win announced her as the next big thing in Nollywood. She was nominated for the same award in 2012.
- During the London 2012 Olympics, Kemi was part of the team of actors selected to perform at the Theatre Royale Stratford East as part of the cultural events at the cultural Olympiad. She global now!
- In 2016, she won the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards – Trailblazer award.
- She ‘moved’ from theatre to television (she did her time on Tinsel) and now to the method actress you see on your screens. Lala will make you relate with a character like the film was made for you.
- She is a casting director and producer, featuring in over 50 stage and film productions around the world. Undoubtedly one not to ignore in Nigeria’s film industry.
- Kemi is married to a Chef (maybe she likes food, but why not?).
- Ermm, were you looking for a way to break into Nigeria’s film industry? The acting coach has this masterclass – the Actor’s Blueprint Starter Course – where you get all the tools you need to launch your acting career. Call it a rare opportunity.
- The actor is the CEO of Make It Happen Productions – a production company targeted at telling African stories. That’s where ‘Fine’, ‘Lavender’ and other Lala’s babies come from.
- Did you know that Netflix Naija’s first local project was co-produced by Kemi Lala-Akindoju? Well, we are telling you now. She is not your regular producer/director. Like we said, she global now! And finally…
- “I don’t think there are special things I do. But as an artist, a platform to express my art is very important. I am excited about the things that challenge me and things that push the narrative of a great Nigerian or a great story-teller. I will say I am hard-worker”. Ladies and gents, are you hardworking?
Kemi Lala-Akindoju is the future!